Sunday, July 22, 2007

God Saved My D200

Finally, I decided to bring to Columbia Digital my D200 after 2 attempts to let MAYER PHOTO fix or at least determine what's causing the DBS [Dead Battery Syndrome as coined @ Nikonians.org]. MAYER said he charged the capacitor and then replaced the switch but I didn't get a single piece of what was replaced!! I knew the guy was just beating around the bush and I knew I was wasting precious time. I met Ms. Malu De Guzman, Vice President of Marketing of Columbia Digital and I was told that MAYER sold me a GREY MARKET unit!!! I was stunned as she narrated the gift check, discount service card, Nikon bag and so on that I should have received. Thus, I can call myself a victim of such modus operandi of MAYER who pretends to act as a NIKON dealer when in reality, he sells grey market items...or worse, FAKE items such as my D200 battery, which Columbia FINALLY DETERMINED as THE CULPRIT to the unit's DBS!! THANK GOD nothing was damaged in my D200, the Lord is good! MORAL OF THE STORY: CHECK THE ITEM'S SERIAL NUMBER IN MY NEXT PURCHASE AND DEFINITELY CEASE FROM PURCHASING FROM MAYER! To all who would read this, SPREAD THIS EXPERIENCE OF MINE AND AVOID BEING IN HIS LIST OF FOOLED BUYERS!! Columbia is also planning some legal actions against Mayer and I definitely volunteered to give my written statement and testify should the need arises. God saved my D200!! Yahoo!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home